Sunday, July 25, 2010

Love it when the family comes to town!

Yesterday my parents decided to come visit for the day. I was SO thankful they stopped by while we were in Augusta organizing the house.

Hamilton (2 years old) had a pretty rotten week. He's not adjusting as well to his temporary housing in Charlotte as I was hoping he would.I know he'll get there slowly and probably will not remember most of this but that doesn't break my heart any less! It's hard enough for him going through his "terrible two's" without having to move-but Chili and I made a choice to move with Electrolux to Charlotte so we could make a better life for our boys (at least this is what I keep telling myself while Hamilton is crying at night and refusing to eat anything.)

So meanwhile Mama and Terry (my step-father) came to spend Saturday with us to help Hamilton feel a little better. It was such a blessing! I couldn't believe how much fun Hamilton had and by the end of the evening he was acting like the funny,sweet toddler that he normally is. And sweet little Jackson-he just loves it when Mama holds him all day!

Chili and I both love having our families around-that's one of the things I'll miss most about living in Charlotte.

Today we are packing up from Augusta and heading back to Charlotte for the week. Meanwhile our home in Augusta will be getting a much needed face-lift while we are gone. I am praying this will be an easier week for us as a family. We will just have to take it a day at a time and know that one day this will all be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Grandparents are magic, aren't they? Our parents are far away, too, but we manage to find ways for them to visit. Good luck getting settled!

    ReplyDelete