Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I thought Mondays were busy??!!

It's been a very productive 2 days up here in Charlotte and I am looking at the clock wondering where time has gone AGAIN? The last 2 days have been filled with getting quotes from contractors (for our house in Augusta,) working on quotes here in Charlotte for a house we might possibly build, researching daycare, schools and doctors. Somewhere in between there we've been trying to get Hamilton & Jackson fed, clothed, bathed, exercised, night night and oh yeah, I can't forget to mention that work has been getting even crazier. Whew! A glass of wine would be really good right about now.

Chili is really working hard to get the boys on a good routine during the day. As a result the last 2 nights have been much more pleasant. I have to say our boys have been such troopers riding around with us at night while we look for houses but I know they are ready to be sleeping in their "normal" beds.

So the real fun of the move is finally starting! We are close to narrowing down an area we would like to settle down within Charlotte. We have found a neighborhood and house that we would like to build in. I think right now I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but the timing would be great. Fortunately for us, Electrolux will buy out our home in Augusta within 60 days of being on the market. So we figure by the time that transaction takes place a brand new home will be built and ready for us to move into. See? Wouldn't you agree with me that's a sign from God that we should build? I thought so and somehow I've managed to get Chili to see the vision too!

Sometimes I feel like everything is still happening at warp speed and not sure if I'll ever get it under control. Then again, I am not sure I would have it any other way. Looking back to this time last year, we had just announced that we were expecting Jackson. Truth be told, I was excited about having another baby but I was secretly wishing we could somehow move and just start over in a new city with the new addition in our life. Wow, did I ever get my wish or what? So as much as the details can start taking over and make us feel bogged down I know that we are so fortunate to have this kind of activity. So on to the next decision I have to make today-Red or White?

No comments:

Post a Comment