Monday, August 2, 2010

A Secret Confession

I have to admit that I am beginning to make myself tired by discussing everything that is going on here-not to say I don't enjoy sharing, but sometimes I feel like all I talk about these days with everyone is the Big Move. Since my last blog on Wednesday I have been going 100 miles an hour trying to accomplish everything on my To-Do List. The goods news is Chili and I have narrowed down the lot we would like to build on here in Charlotte (actually the town is Huntersville.) We are trying to finalize the different options we would like. As we were sitting there in the office of the builder, I couldn't help but feel so thankful to "have" to make a decision about which colors we wanted, lighting fixtures, etc. It seems surreal that we are up here trying to establish ourselves in a town that once seemed so far away to me.

Nonetheless, while it is a great pleasure to do those types of things, I still had to go back to Augusta this weekend to continue to prep our current home to be put on the market. I know what you are thinking-it's so very HGTV of me to prep and stage the house. Unfortunately for me there wasn't a TV crew, Carpenter and Perfectly Proportioned Designer there to help me out. No, it was just me and Mama (and my little Jackson who decided to start teething this weekend.) So in between dosing J with Tylenol, organizing the closets and cleaning out the cabinets, I managed to squeeze in shopping for accessories which made for a little more fun.

Meanwhile Hamilton and Chili went to visit our friends JP and Jen in Greensboro. We are so excited because now we only live a little over an hour from them. They had a huge cookout, played golf and just had a fantastic time. The added bonus was that Chili's sister Katherine and Brother-In-Law Brown came over for a visit too. They brought their new baby Millie whom Hamilton just went crazy over. I was so sad that I missed all of them this weekend but I couldn't put off going to Augusta any longer.

Lastly, I also have to admit that I am squeezing this blog in before I settle down to watch the shocking Season Finale of the Bachelorette. I am sure it is to be the most dramatic rose ceremony ever so I have to watch the drama unfold as it happens. I actually do have work that I brought home with me to complete tonight but as the evening goes on I am becoming less and less inspired. Oh well, I'll just add my work to my To-Do list tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment