Monday, August 9, 2010

Giving it all I have got!

I started off the week in the usual Mach 1-Hair on Fire fashion which seems to have become the norm in my life these days. Meanwhile Chili stayed back in Augusta for the day with Hamilton & Jackson so he could accomplish a few items on his To-Do list. Everyone at home seems to have had a fun,productive day.

But today at work I felt like making a sign to wear around my neck that said "I am doing the best I can." I think I just started off the day doubting my ability to handle what I knew was waiting on me, and it seemed to go downhill from there. Since wearing a sign wouldn't be the most mature way to handle an obstacle, I decided to work late, analyze my mistakes and not stop until I had accomplished what I set out to do this morning. As a result, I pulled up in the driveway at 7:30pm and was just completely worn out. Chili and the kids pulled up at the same time since they were returning from Augusta so I didn't have any time to rest-I had to make the most of what little time was left in the evening.

I was feeling a little guilty and frustrated with myself-wondering how I am going to find the energy to keep up this schedule. Surely there is an easier way to balance family and work? By asking that I truly am open to suggestions, by the way. But then once I saw Hamilton, Jackson and Chili, it was amazing how much life was put back into these weary bones. Hamilton couldn't run to see me quickly enough to give me a hug and Jackson was thrilled when I gave him his bottle. We ended up having a great hour together before they both had to go to sleep. Now they're sleeping so peacefully and getting the rest they need. I know I've done the best that I can today.

No comments:

Post a Comment