Sunday, August 8, 2010

Is it really already August 8th?

It's a good thing that I am not trying to earn a living by writing a blog and selling advertising for it on a daily basis-as you can see I haven't exactly kept up with my blog this past week like I wanted. It was one of those weeks where you look back and wonder how it passed by so quickly. I had intended each night to try to post something but the time kept slipping away.

I would say this week was very successful and I feel as if I actually accomplished a few items. First of all, the family had a great week up here in Charlotte. Jackson and Hamilton are adjusting quite nicely and continuing to sleep very well(which makes for a very happy Mommy and Daddy.)We put a contract on a house in Charlotte and we are waiting to hear back whether or not the Builder accepted our offer. The house is in the neighborhood I've written about previously. We are so excited and I am already picking out paint colors and curtains in my head even though everyone knows you shouldn't do that until you have closed on the property. Meanwhile, we drove back to Augusta this weekend and continued to rearrange furniture at our old house, purge 3 years worth of paper, throw away junk (most of which was Chili's) and clean until we couldn't clean any more. I drove back to Charlotte this evening where I proceeded to go grocery shopping, do laundry, plan my menus for the week and wash clothes. Now I feel as if I need toothpicks to hold my eyelids open.

The highlight of the weekend was our amazing friend Joye called and asked us to drop the boys off so she could babysit and Chili and I could actually relax for a few hours. That was such a nice surprise and she has no idea how much we needed a break. So after we sped out of her driveway we went to visit our friends Guy & Jill in the hospital so we could see their precious newborn son Jack Bowen. Then we went out to an actual grownup dinner at a place we like called TakoSushi. Oh, and all you parents out there will know exactly what I mean when I tell you that I had to pace myself at dinner. I am so used to cutting up chicken, picking the Sippy Cup off the floor and keeping a supply of crayons handy that sometimes I forget how to eat like a normal person and slow down to enjoy my food.

One last thing that I did this weekend is I finally joined Weight Watchers online. I was hesitant to post that but then I thought I might be more motivated to keep track of my progress if I tell the whole world about it. So today is Day 1 and I have lost 0 pounds- that's it, I'm giving up. I am just kidding! I really want to see this through. No worries, I will not post one of those disgusting Before and After Bikini shots like you see on the diet pill commercials. So here I go again, maybe this time it'll be different.

So please say a prayer for us with the house and all the other things we have up in the air right now. I am about to call it a night and gear up for another week of Coleman Craziness.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to enjoy your meal. What's that like again?? =>

    And good luck on the house!

    ReplyDelete