Monday, August 16, 2010

Surprise

Today was a great start to the week. Jackson woke up unusually early around 6am and I decided I wanted to get up to feed him and spend a few minutes alone, just the two of us. After he finished eating he just sat there cooing and smiling while he snuggled with me. I didn't want it to end but he became tired again and of course I had to get ready for work.

So then I had another nice surprise early in the morning. I think my scale finally came to "room temperature" (see yesterday's blog if you think I am making this up.) It turns out I lost 3 pounds this week-I couldn't believe it. I was so relieved to see my hard work pay off. It gave me the motivation to keep going with the Weight Watchers this week and stop beating myself up for a little while.

Meanwhile I had a busy,full day at work but Mondays are generally hectic so this is nothing unusual. Meanwhile, Chili took the boys to the pool today and he did quite a bit of work around the apartment. I was thinking today at work (and bragging just a little) about how supportive Chili has been through this whole process of moving. I am not sure our family could have remained as strong and stable if it weren't for his steadiness. Keep in mind that I am writing all of this while enjoying tonight's episode of The Bachelor Pad so I am feeling especially romantic :)

As I bring this day to a close I am hoping tomorrow will start off as special as it did today. I hope everyone reading this has a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment